Procedure Relating to Cell Phones, Cameras, and Other Electronic Devices
Effective: December 1, 2010
- Possession and use of cell phones and other electronic devices may be limited or prohibited in designated areas of the court facility.
- Cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices must be turned off when entering the Courthouse.
- Cameras or video equipment, not associated with cell phones, may be permitted in courtrooms only with prior permission of the court for adoption proceedings and wedding ceremonies.
- Prior to court sessions, Court Security Personnel will announce a reminder that cell phones and other electronic devices are to be turned off in courtrooms.
- Cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices found to be activated and/or disruptive to regular business or court proceedings shall be surrendered to Court Security personnel and delivered to the Court for return at a time determined to be appropriate, in addition to any other administrative sanctions.