The Maryland Constitution provides for the creation and powers of the Commission in Article IV, Sections 4A and 4B. You can view the Constitution online at LexisNexis.
To locate the Maryland Constitution on LexisNexis:
Indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions by clicking the "I Agree" button. This brings up the Unannotated Code of Maryland and Rules.
- Click on the + sign next to CONSTITUTION OF MARYLAND [toward bottom of page] folder to expand the contents.
- Click on the + sign next to ARTICLE IV. JUDICIARY DEPARTMENT
- Click on the +sign next to PART 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- See Section 4A. Commission on Judicial Disabilities created; composition; appointment and terms of members; vacancies; ...
- See Section 4B. Power of Commission on Judicial Disabilities; procedure; removal or retirement of judge by Court of Appeals