Doing Business with the District Court
Want to know when an offender is released from jail, has an upcoming court date, or has changes to his/her parole or probation?
Call VINE for information or to sign up for free phone or e-mail alerts. Toll-Free (866) 634-8463 - TTY (866) 847-1298 www.vinelink.com
The Maryland VINE is a project provided to you by the Governor's Office of Crime Control and Prevention, and the Maryland State Board of Victim Services.
Sex Offender Registry
Appearing in Court | Attorney Codes | Bail Bonds | Booking Systems | Professional Bail Bondsperson Info. | Interpretation Services | Parties to a Case | Records
- Administrative Regulations
- Assistance with Special Needs
(Request for Accommodation under the ADA, Request for Spoken Language Interpreter)
- Cell Phone/Electronic Device Notice
Effective January 1, 2011
- Courtroom Demeanor
(attire, children, addressing the judge) No food or drink allowed.
- Directions to District Court Locations
- Tips for Your Day in Court - Video
- What to do if you are arrested
- What to do if you are requesting a postponment
- What to do if you receive a traffic citation
- Who does what?
Commissioners, Clerks, Judges, State's Attorney's, Public Defender
Important information about going to court as a:
- Complainant (person filing a complaint)
How to file Criminal Charges
How to file a Civil Lawsuit
- Defendant (person arrested, summoned, or being sued)
What to do if you are arrested or summoned?
What to do if you are sued?
What are your rights? (People's Law Library website)
What if you are called to testify?