The Judicial Ethics Committee consists of eleven members appointed by the Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals. Of the eleven members:
- One is a judge of the Court of Special Appeals.
- Two are circuit court judges.
- Two are judges of the District Court.
- One is a judge of the Orphans’ Court.
- One is a former judge who is approved for recall for temporary service under Maryland Constitution, Article IV, §3A.
- One is a clerk of a circuit court.
- One is a judicial appointee as defined in Rule 16-814
- Two are not a judge or other officer or employee of the Judicial Branch of the state government or a lawyer.
The term of a member is three years and begins on July 1. The terms are staggered so that the terms of not more than four members expire each year. At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed. A member may not serve more than two consecutive three-year terms.
2013-2014 Committee Members
Hon. Mark D. Thomas, Chair
Judge, District Court for Washington County
Term Expires: June 30, 2014
Hon. Christopher B. Kehoe, Vice Chair
Judge, Court of Special Appeals
Hon. Kendra Y. Ausby
Judge, Circuit Court for Baltimore City
Hon. Wendy A. Cartwright
Judge, Orphans’ Court for Prince George's County
Hon. James A. Kenney, III
Retired Judge, Court of Special Appeals
Mary M. Kramer, Esq.
Master, Circuit Court for Howard County
Hon. John P. Morrissey
Judge, District Court for Prince George’s County
Hon. Mark L. Mumford
Clerk, Circuit Court for Kent County
Hon. Julie S. Solt
Judge, Circuit Court for Frederick County
Dr. Anita J. Tarzian