Separating My Employment
Please notify Human Resources as far in advance of your last day as possible. This will ensure that you are paid correctly and your benefits are stopped.
Complete the Law Clerk separation form:
- The Judge’s chambers will complete the top part and enter your separation date.
- You as the law clerk will complete the middle section
- As indicated on the form, if this is a new address, please submit address change forms along with your form.
- If you move at any time during the rest of the current year, please submit a new W-4 form for the Central Payroll Bureau so your W-2 will be mailed to the correct location in January of the following year.
- Remember all original forms need to be returned to Human Resources.
I am transferring to another State agency
- Please let Human Resources know if you plan to transfer to another State agency
- A transfer will affect your benefits if we remove you from payroll; you would have to reapply for them and this could take another four (4) weeks.
- Ask the Human Resources representative from the new agency to call our office.
When will my health benefits end?
- Any health benefits will continue through the end of the time period covered by the last premium deduction -- Benefit deductions chart
- Either the 15th or the last day of the month.
When will I receive information regarding COBRA?
- Once Human Resources informs the Department of Budget & Management (DBM) - Health Benefits of your last day of employment, they will mail the information out to your address of record.
- See pages 61- 65 of your health benefits booklet for detailed information regarding COBRA.