Welcome to the Maryland Judiciary
We are happy to have you join our Judiciary team and wish you the best as you begin your career here. In your new position, you will play an important role in helping the Judiciary achieve its mission – to foster fair, efficient, timely and accessible justice for all people in Maryland. We have created this New Employee Orientation (NEO) web site to provide you with helpful information to help you transition into our organization.
There are numerous things you can do BEFORE you come to work the first day that will help your transition into the Judiciary family.
View the video:
New Employee Orientation Welcome Aboard (.wmv)
New Employee Orientation Welcome Aboard Closed Caption (.mp4)
View the video: Welcome to the Maryland Judiciary
View the video: Overview of the Maryland Court System
Review the Welcome Aboard Employee Checklist
You are to complete these forms prior to your New Employee Orientation.
If you are unable to complete your documentation for any reason, please contact us at least 5 days prior to your official start date for assistance.
All Employees are required to complete:
- Emergency contact Form
- The I-9 is a very important part of your employment application. The identifying documentation that you are required to provide must have the exact same name and address. Page 9 of the I-9 document explains which papers can be used as your identification documentation.
I-9 Employment Eligibility Form
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Disclaimer For At Will Employment, If Needed (MS Word) (PDF)
- W-4 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate for MD State Government Employees
You may print a copy of the Instructions For Completing the W-4
Forms for non-Maryland residents also available.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Regular State and Transfer Employees are also required to complete:
- Application For Retirement Plan Membership Form # 1
You may print a copy of the Retirement Handbook.
- Designation of Beneficiary Form # 4
Contractual Employees may complete: