Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
Sometimes it is difficult to get legal help if you cannot afford it in a civil matter. In most civil cases, you do not have a right to a lawyer. This video offers options to consider in Maryland.
- Tip sheet
- Español transcripción
- People's Law Library Legal Services Directory
- Maryland State Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services
- District Court Self-Help Resource Center (flyer)
- Servicios Legales Gratuitos para Casos Civiles (Spanish flyer)
- Adult Guardianship: Introduction to Adult Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Person
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Property
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- Need a Court Interpreter?
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: March 2016