Rent Court for Tenants
Rent court is held in the District Court of Maryland, where Failure to Pay Rent cases move very quickly. This video will introduce you to that legal process, including events before court, during court, and after a ruling.
- Tip sheet
- Español transcripción
- Additional Information
- Information for Tenants: How to Resolve Issues with Your Landlord (brochure)
- Stand Up for Your Rights in Baltimore City Rent Court (video)
- People’s Law Library of Maryland, Landlord/Tenant
- Maryland Tenants’ Rights: Evictions (brochure)
- People’s Law Library of Maryland, Rent Court and Eviction Cases
- Maryland Rent Assistance
- Landlord and Tenants: Tips on Avoiding Disputes (booklet)
- Mediation in Rent Court (flier)
- Adult Guardianship: Introduction to Adult Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Person
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Property
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- ¿Necesita un Intérprete Judicial?
- Need a Court Interpreter?
- Rent Court for Landlords
- Rent Court for Tenants
- Rent Escrow
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: December 2017