The District Court Self-Help Resource Centers provides free limited legal services for people who are not represented by an attorney and who are:
- The person with the legal problem. We cannot help relatives or agents of the person with the legal problem or other third parties.
- Not acting on behalf of a business or estate. We cannot help businesses, include sole proprietorships, LLCs and personal representatives.
Self-Help Center lawyers will not represent you in court.
This service is provided to help you represent yourself.
Lawyers at the Centers located in Baltimore City, Glen Burnie, Salisbury, and Upper Marlboro help with civil District Court cases, including:
- Small Claims (claims of $5,000 or less) and Large Claims (up to $30,000)
- Consumer matters like car repossessions, debt collection, and credit card cases
- Return of Property (Replevin and Detinue)
- Domestic Violence/Peace Orders
Unable to walk-in?Call the Maryland Courts Self-Help Center at 410-260-1392 or click to chat now.
8:30am - 8pm Monday - Friday