Applications for new or renewal Notary Public Commissions, may be obtained from: Secretary of State
Hours (no appointment needed)
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4pm (Closed State Holidays)
Notary Public Commissions
- Once approved you will receive notification from the Secretary of State you have 30 days from the date notified to take the oath of office at the Circuit Court.
- The fee to take the oath of office is $11 and we accept Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard or Discover for payment. Bring a valid Government issued ID with you.
- Contact the Clerk’s Office of the Baltimore County Circuit Court at 410-887-2607 or email [email protected] to verify the commission has arrived.
- A Baltimore County Notary must sign and seal a document to be certified by the Circuit Court.
- The fee is $1 per notarized document and the certification process can be done in person or by mail. In person payments accepted are Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard or Discover. By mail, send the notarized documents and check or money order to:
Baltimore County Circuit Court
Attn: Clerk’s Office Notary Division
PO Box 6754
Towson MD 21285
- Once a notarized document is certified by the Circuit Court you may apply for the apostille with the Secretary of State. More information for the apostille is located: Secretary of State Certifications and Authentication