Each attorney admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals is required by Maryland Rule 19-503 to report on any pro bono activities they engaged in during the prior calendar year. Maryland Rule 19-409 requires all attorneys admitted to practice in Maryland to report each year on whether they have any attorney trust accounts subject to Rule 19-409 from which Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (IOLTA) are to be collected.
Attorneys who fail to comply with these requirements are decertified from the practice of law in Maryland until the requirements are met. They are restored to good standing by a subsequent order of the Court of Appeals when the requirements are met.
The Active Attorney Listing is an index of all attorneys currently admitted to practice in the State of Maryland. Any attorney whose status is listed as "active" is considered in good standing.
- 09-22-2017: Pro Bono/IOLTA Decertification Order 2017
- 09-27-2016: Pro Bono/IOLTA Decertification Order 2016
- 03-12-2018: Rescission Order
- 03-12-2018: Recertification Order
- 03-05-2018: Recertification Order (corrected)
- 02-26-2018: Recertification Order
- 02-20-2018: Recertification Order
- 02-12-2018: Recertification Order
- 02-05-2018: Recertification Order
- 01-29-2018: Recertification Order
- 01-22-2018: Recertification Order
- 01-08-2018: Recertification Order
- 01-02-2018: Recertification Order
- 2017 Recertification Orders archive
- 2016 Recertification Orders archive
This information provided pursuant to Maryland Rule 19-761.