The Judicial Ethics Committee consists of thirteen members appointed by the Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals. Of the thirteen members:
- One is a judge of the Court of Special Appeals.
- Two are circuit court judges.
- Two are judges of the District Court.
- One is a judge of the Orphans’ Court.
- Three are former judges who are approved for recall for temporary service under Maryland Constitution, Article IV, §3A.
- One is a clerk of a circuit court.
- One is a judicial appointee as defined in Maryland Rule 18-200.3
- Two are not judges or other officers or employees of the Judicial Branch of the state government or a lawyer.
The term of a member is three years and begins on July 1. The terms are staggered so that the terms of not more than four members expire each year. At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed. A member may not serve more than two consecutive three-year terms.
2021 Committee Members
Hon. Kathryn Grill Graeff, Chair
Judge, Court of Special Appeals
Hon. Judith C. Ensor, Vice-Chair
Judge, Circuit Court for Baltimore County
Hon. Sharon V. Burrell
Judge, Circuit Court for Montgomery County
Hon. Dolores Dorsainvil
Judge, District Court of Maryland, Prince George’s County
Hon. James R. Eyler
Retired Judge, Court of Special Appeals
Hon. Athena Malloy Groves
Judge, Orphans' Court for Prince George's County
Hon. Katherine B. Hager, Clerk
Circuit Court for Queen Anne's County
Dr. Andrea Kalfoglou
Hon. James A. Kenney, III
Retired Judge, Court of Special Appeal
Hon. Aileen Oliver
Judge, District Court of Maryland, Montgomery County
Nettina Surpris-Gause, Administrative Commissioner
District Court for Prince George’s County
Hon. John H. Tisdale
Retired Judge, Circuit Court for Frederick County
Jeffrey Scott Woolford, MD, MPH, MBA
Rebecca P. Riemer, Esq.