Rich in the tradition and history of Maryland, the Office of Clerk of the Circuit Court is one of the oldest public institutions in the state.
Welcome to the Washington County Courthouse and the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court. The Clerk of the Court is a locally elected State official with the responsibilities established and regulated by the laws of Maryland and the Rules of the Court of Appeals of Maryland. Since 1658, the office of Clerk of Court has provided the citizens of Maryland with a variety of essential services. The revenue collected by my office for these services is distributed to various city, county, and state governments.
In Fiscal Year 2021 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021), my office:
- filed and processed new Civil, Family, Criminal and Juvenile actions:
- recorded land deeds, mortgages, plats, conveyances, and other precious documents:
Land Instruments Recorded (paper): 11,795
Land Instruments Recorded (electronic): 16,248
Judgment/Liens Records: 1,030
- administered oaths of office to Notaries Public, County officials, Judges and Gubernatorial appointees:
Oaths Administered: 598
- issued business and marriage licenses, as well as performed civil marriage ceremonies:
Business Licenses: 2,761
Marriage Licenses: 1,032
Civil Ceremonies: 300
- summonsed, checked-in and paid both Trial Jurors and Grand Jurors:
Juror Qualification Forms: 5,717
As you can see, my office is a busy place and I'm very proud of each of my 30 staff members and the work that they do. It is my hope that the above facts better acquaint you with the many services provided by the Clerk’s Office here in Washington County.
Please browse through our various links for more information. If my office can be of any service, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Kevin Tucker - CCE
Clerk of Court
General Phone: 301-733-8660