The use of electronic filing (e-filing) technology provides a fast and convenient method of filing complaint documents for landlords while allowing the courts to operate more efficiently.
The District Courts of Prince George’s County and Baltimore County are accepting failure to pay rent filings electronically into Maryland Electronic Courts (MDEC). All failure to pay rent filers are encouraged to file electronically in these counties.
The remainder of MDEC counties are scheduled to offer the same service beginning January 2, 2024; Baltimore City is scheduled for May, 2024.
Landlords should use the following forms to e-file complaints:
- Failure to Pay Rent - Landlord's Complaint for Repossession of Rented Property: DC-CV-082
- Failure to Pay Rent – Mobile Home Park Owner's Complaint for Repossession of Rented Property: DC-CV-082MH
Landlords and management companies who typically file a large number of complaints at one time should consider bulk filing. The following providers are currently certified to provide bulk filing services:
- File & ServeXpress: 888-529-7587 or email@example.com
- INTELeTech: 443-459-4500 or eFileMD@INTELeWorX.io or Schedule Appointment
- Legal Technologies: 240-361-6166 x102 or Support@EvictionAssistant.com
- US Legal Pro: 972-807-0689 or firstname.lastname@example.org