Can I e-file if I do not have a lawyer representing me?
E-filing is available if your case is in Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Caroline, Carroll, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Frederick, Garrett, Harford, Howard, Kent, Montgomery, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, St. Mary’s, Talbot, Washington, Wicomico, and Worcester counties.
E-filing is NOT mandatory if you do not have a lawyer.
Important Information About E-filing
- If you register and e-file one time, you MUST:
- E-file ALL future documents
- E-file in ALL future cases
- Review the statewide MDEC Policies and Procedures before making a decision.
- You must comply with Rule 20-101.
- You must have an email address and valid credit card.
- You don’t have to e-file to see your case record online. Register for online access only to see your documents on your computer or device. Or, see your case record on a public kiosk located in a Maryland courthouse.