Can I e-file if I do not have a lawyer representing me?
E-filing is available if your case is in Allegany, Anne Arundel, Calvert, Caroline, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Frederick, Garrett, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, St. Mary’s, Talbot, Washington, Wicomico, and Worcester counties.
E-filing is NOT mandatory if you do not have a lawyer.
Important Information About E-filing
- If you register and e-file one time, you MUST:
- E-file ALL future documents
- E-file in ALL future cases
- Review the statewide MDEC Policies and Procedures before making a decision.
- You must comply with Rule 20-201.
- You must have an email address and valid credit card.
- You don’t have to e-file to see your case record online. Register for online access only to see your documents on your computer or device. Or, see your case record on a public kiosk located in a Maryland courthouse.