MDEC registered users should continue to submit pleadings as normal. Pleadings are also accepted by mail at the following address: Circuit Court Clerk’s Office, 175 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678. For emergency matters, such as Domestic Violence or Emergency Custody, please call (410) 535-1600 ext. 2261 during business hours of (443) 550-6700 after business hours for further information.

For your convenience, we are also accepting circuit court case pleadings via a drop box. It is located at the front of the courthouse, along the sidewalk, and labeled “Clerk of the Circuit Court.” Please place all documents and any checks in a secure envelope before placing them in the drop box. Please indicate the following information on the outside of the envelope:
Type of Document
Your Name or Company
Your contact information – phone number and/or email.

The public may search court records at

Court Hearings: In compliance with the Administrative Order and upon direction of the Court, the Assignment Office is contacting parties with any updated information as to whether a previously scheduled case will be heard or rescheduled. If you have not heard anything within a day of your hearing, please check case search and/or call the Assignment office at (410) 535-1600 ext. 2372 and ext. 2315 for further information. The Clerks Office will not have any additional information.

(410) 535-1600 ext. 2268 or 2404 or (888) 535-0113

Please see our Differentiated Case Management Plan for all matters except criminal.

Our Civil Department deals with a large variety of cases. Please feel free to call or visit our office with any questions or concerns. Except for in certain family law matters (see Domestic/Family Law), there are not many forms available for use in circuit court by self represented parties. A list of forms can be found here.

Clerk's Office - Circuit Court for Calvert County

REQUIRED: Non-Domestic Case Information Sheet

If you are not a lawyer and you are choosing to represent yourself in a civil matter, please see information for self-represented litigants.

Our Change of Address/Personal Information form may be printed from here for your convenience.
This form is to correct a name or update an address on an existing case. Please note that this is different from a Name Change (a case in which you are changing your legal name).

Civil cases can not be expunged, however, information regarding expungements can be found here. Learning what can be included or excluded from public information can be very confusing. The Maryland Judiciary's website has some helpful tools to help you understand what your options are.