Civil Department

Telephone Number: 410-758-1773, Option #4

Civil Records are open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For Domestic Matters - Please refer to the Circuit Court page for Family Support Services as this is not managed by the Clerk.

Civil Fees

The following is a list of the most frequently asked fee questions. For more information, please refer to the Circuit Court Fee Schedule established under Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article, Section 7-202.

Fee Cost Description
Civil Action Filing Fee w/ Attorney
(Includes Habeas Corpus and Administrative Appeals. WCC and Unemployment, costs payable at end of case.)
$175.00 Costs for filing new case
Civil Action Filing Fee w/o Attorney
(Includes District Court Appeals)
$165.00 Self-represented litigant costs for filing new case
Foreclose a mortgage or deed of trust on residential property $300.00 In addition to any other filing fees required by law (civil filing fee) Total cost for filing foreclosure case for residential property is $475.00
Request for foreclosure mediation on owner-occupied residential property $50.00  
Attorney Appearance $10.00 Per firm
Docketing Motion Fee $31.00 Filing fee for docketing a Motion for Contempt, Charging Order, Modify Alimony, Custody, Support or Visitation, Writ of Execution and Writ of Garnishment
Dismissal $15.00 Plus any open court costs
Request for Oral Examination $25.00 Plus $15.00 (Over $1000.00)
Foreign Judgment $110.00  
Copy fee
(Per page)
Certification fee $5.00 Plus copy fees
Exemplification fee $10.00 Plus copy fees
Sheriff’s Fee $40.00  

Maryland Judiciary Case Search

You can now search cases from Circuit Court and District Court online. The search is available on the Maryland Judiciary Web site ( The records maintained by the Office of the Clerk of Court are available to the public for review. However, the records of juvenile or adoption cases may be restricted.

MD Judiciary
Case Search

Please be advised that the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court is prohibited by law from rendering legal advice.